Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This blog today will touch on gardening of any kind only superficially. Today is Mother's Day, as you probably know. I would like to take this time to truly THANK my mother for everything she has ever done for me. I can never, ever repay her!!
I was told once by somebody very wise, probably my mother, that the best way to repay your mother was to become the best you can be. I bet a mother came up with that old Army saying.
My mother instilled a great many things in me, probably even more so than most mothers. Why do I say that? My mother was a single parent after my father passed away when I was in 2nd grade. She IS the main reason I am what I am today.
I try everyday to be the best that I can be, in everything. Gardening is a major passion in both our lives. She was the driving force in this also.
Because of her instilling a love of gardening and nature in me, I became a Master Gardener, I work at the Nursery, became a member of the Charleston Hort Society and Coastal Carolina Camellia Society. I work very hard in my yard and have been hosting area plant swaps for the past 7 years.
My mother enjoys talking plants with me every week, she comes to my plant swaps and she enjoys visiting just to see my yard. Yea, I think she likes seeing me too.
My yard makes me proud and doing what I do best is my way of THANKING her.
Because of her, I can show off things like this:





Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there. And a VERY SPECIAL Happy Mother's Day, Thank You and I Love You to my mother. You're the best!
Happy growing!
Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment