Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Results are IN!!

Well, depending on where you live the groundhogs have good news or bad news for you.
The big one, Punxsutawney Phil, saw his shadow.....six more weeks of Winter for those folks.
I should pause here for a second and ask a question: Where did all these other weather predicting varmints come from all of a sudden? You have Jimmy from Wisconsin, General Beauregard Lee (General Lee) from Georgia, Woodstock Willie from Illinois, Dunkirk Dave from N.Y., Buckeye Chuck from Ohio and Staten Island Chuck. The good news this group all predict an early Spring. I guess General Beauregard should be who it is I listen to?
Then you have, Malverne from N.Y., Wairton Willie from Ontario, Spanish Joe from Ontario, Shubenacadie Sam from Nova Scotia and Raleigh....This group says six more weeks of Winter. Should I believe Raleigh?
I know this for a fact, as I type this it is raining..AGAIN! As it stands right now, I have had 4.5 inches of rain in one week, and 9.25 inches since January 15th. I see more rain and more cold weather on the future tracker. The calendar says a little over 6 weeks until the official start of Spring. It can not nor will it get here too soon for me!!
I am going to use this nasty weather to take inventory of all my seeds I need to plant, browse through a catalog or two and dream about puttering around in the garden. I might even sow a few Tomato and Pepper seeds inside, just to make myself feel better.
I hope General Beauregard is right and Raleigh is wrong, I didn't see my shadow today....so I say, EARLY SPRING!!...so there!
Happy Growing!
Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment