Sunday, January 17, 2010

Camellias...Another passion of mine







Citrus is not the only plant that I have a true passion for. I have recently gotten into Camellias.
And I thought Citrus was a wide open catagory, WOW!
There are thousands and thousands of Camellias, man made and natural hybrids. Among my favorites are the Camellia japonica 'Pink Perfection' and 'Seafoam', just to name a couple.
This is a picture of them, should be obvious which is which.
Like I said, I just started getting into Camellias, there is SO much to learn. I am always willing to answer any questions you might have though, so bring them on!
I am also going to invite all my followers to the Coastal Carolina Camellia Society's 60th Annual Camellia Show
Here are the details:

60th ANNUAL
COASTAL CAROLINA CAMELLIA SOCIETY
SHOW AND SALE
Saturday, January 23, 2010 at Citadel Mall
Show and Sale open to public: 1:00-7:00PM
Free Admission
The Competition is open to all growers of Camellias
Exhibitors submit flowers 7:00-9:30AM; Judging: 10:00-12:00PM
Call for info: 843-364-8219

I hope to see everybody there!
Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment